Thursday, February 11, 2016

What We are Watching (Now that We Don't Have Cable)

For the second year in a row, as soon as the Packers' football season was over, we cut our cable. Last year, I got really nervous about this, not that I was really watching much TV, but it seemed like a drastic move. However, with netflix and the like, I didn't miss it too much. Plus, it saved us a lot of money! So that made it worth it.

One of the benefits of not having cable is we are watching more shows together. We are both crazy about Mad Men (On the 4th season, no spoilers). And we continue to share with each other two of our all-time favorite shows, West Wing (his) and Gilmore Girls (mine). And I'm so excited about the reunion of Gilmore Girls, I could burst!

I am finally finishing The Tudors, which I started eons ago. Although I keep expecting to have a "Grey Gardens" moment while watching it, since I wasn't quite sure where I left off the last time I stopped watching the series. And if you are wondering what a "Grey Gardens" moment is, I will explain.

A couple of years ago, I rented the movie Grey Gardens. Adam kept telling me I had already watched it, but I didn't believe him. However, half way through the show one of the actresses did something that kicked off something in my memory, and I realized I had seen it!  But no Grey Gardens moment quite yet.

Adam has been watching the X-Files reboot online. And I have recently started watching the People vs. OJ Simpson. I have been interested in that case since the world followed it, when I was just 10 years old. It was the first big crime case I even recall.

And when there is nothing to watch? I follow about a million podcasts,  and I have plenty of books to read!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!