Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Creamiest Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe Ever

Adam's favorite cake of all time is chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. And in the years before Adam and I moved in together (also known as the pre-historic years) all I ever heard about was how his family made the best peanut butter frosting ever. So two years ago, when Adam's birthday rolled around, and I was throwing together a little surprise party for him, I knew I had to make him his favorite cake with his favorite frosting.

I got the recipe from my mother-in-law, and the frosting turned out pretty well. But to me it was a little sticky and missing a little something.  So I doctored it up just a little and came up with the perfect recipe for this frosting. And let me tell you it is AMAZING. It is the simplest, creamiest, and tastiest recipe ever. I swear to you! Try it now. You won't regret it.

I asked Adam if he liked mine or his mother's frosting best, in a totally teasing way, but he refused to answer.  Boo, Adam. It is totally mine by the way. And if my mother-in-law is reading this, I'm only kidding!

This recipe is enough to frost one two layer 9 inch cake or one 9x13 inch cake. But I usually double this recipe because I end up eating spoonfuls out of the mixer, and Adam loves to have leftovers in the fridge!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Creamy Non-Generic Peanut Butter (The Recipe is Only as Good as the Peanut Butter Brand! I suggest Jiff!)
  • 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
  • 2-3 Tbsp of Cream or Milk
  • 1 Stick Butter (Not Margarine)
Directions:
      1. Cream the Peanut Butter & Butter Together in an Electric Mixer until Well-Combined.
      2. Then, Add the Sugar and Cream (or Milk) and Mix Away Till Smooth.
      3. You can add a little more milk if the consistency is not as smooth as you would like after mixing. 

     

4 comments:

  1. Hi! That sounds like a great recipe, and I can't wait to try it. But do you think natural peanut butter would work? Maybe if it was well-stirred? Mmm, yumm! I must go bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hi kate! I'm not sure because I don't know what makes up natural peanut butter (just peanuts and butter I suppose) LOL! Always worth a try, tell me if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this tonight - its been in my favorites for a month now, waiting for a good time. It is an awesome recipe! so simple and yet sooooo goood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mark-That makes me so happy! I love it too, when I make it I always end up just eating the frosting instead of the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!