Sunday, August 7, 2011

Orange County Fair









Saturday, we headed out to the Orange County Fair for Fun, Food, and Frivolity. Look at that alliteration! The first thing we did at the fair was feed the goats. And those goats were rather sweet to us, but I think that had more to do with the fact we had food more than anything else. Duh. And man oh man were those goats hungry (or greedy)!  One goat tried to eat my shirt and another grabbed the feed holder out of my hand!

We also checked out the rides and decided to race down the Goliath Slide. That slide was was so high and when I was actually sitting at the top, I actually started to get freaked out! I don't know what I thought was going to happen to me on that slide, but I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes. I survived the slide obviously, and I even won the race (because I'm just a tad more awesome than my husband. So there).

One of the coolest things at the fair was the Ice Sculpture tent. They had so many detailed and colorful handcrafted ice sculptures. I couldn't help but feel I just stepped onto the set of The Little Mermaid. And it was freezing in there! They offered us blankets before we went in but Adam and I wanted to tough it out. I mean he is from Wisconsin, so he can definitely take a little cold. And me I just wanted to prove myself!

Last but not least, we indulged in a little artery clogging fair food. Burgers, fries, and of course Deep Fried Oreos. And the deep fried oreos were definitely a master piece. Ooey, Gooey, Soft, and topped with chocolate and sprinkles, I mean how can you go wrong?

For more pics from our day at the fair, check out our flickr set here.

Song of the Day: Bullet Proof by La Roux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!