Monday, January 2, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

This year was a great year for us. We rang in 2011 at home on our couch eating breakfast casserole, and watching Toy Story 3 because I was nursing a bit of a cold.  We celebrated when Adam got a promotion, and we celebrated again when I landed my internship.  Our Green Bay Packer's won the Superbowl (mainly due to Adam's superstitions).  I learned to make sushi, successfully crossing another item off my life list. On Valentine's Day, I set up a scavenger's hunt for Adam, and on Easter we dyed Easter Eggs.

On April 4th, we celebrated our Cotton Anniversary by renting a room at the historic Hotel Roosevelt in Hollywood. Swimming in the gorgeous pool and ordering in room service. In May, Adam turned 27, and I turned 25. We took a spring time trip to San Francisco, and in the summer, I took my mother to New York City. We had a blast when my nieces came to visit for a week, and after taking them to Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier, Knott's Berry Farm, and Disneyland, we were exhausted.

While walking Sarah one night, Adam found a stray puppy in the street, who we named Oliver, that went to live with our next door neighbor. And now we get to see him all the time. We went to the Long Beach Street Food Fest, attended a L.A. Dodger's game, got our presidential history nerd on, stalked the Ferris Bueller house, saw a live taping of Conan!, and ate deep fried oreos at the O.C. fair.  And I lost my lobster virginity at the San Pedro Lobster Fest.

We bought a new car, naming it Felix, bidding adieu to my first car, Homer. We decorated our house for Christmas by trimming the tree and building a gingerbread house. During the actual week of Christmas, my mother and stepfather came to town, and we went to Catalina Island, did a home of the stars tour, and went to the Reagan Presidential Library.

While the year was full of highs, we suffered the lowest of the lows when we lost our furbaby, Sarah Lee, on black Friday to bladder cancer. Everyday is better but we still miss her dearly, and I think we always will.  

I don't know what 2012 holds. Hopefully, it involves getting a paying job after my internship wraps and I get my master's degree in February.  And of course, I want to go on lots of new adventures with the hubs. So here is to health and happiness in the New Year everybody!

Song of the Day: Never Give Up by Melissa Ferrick

6 comments:

  1. OMG your blog is so colorful and amasing :)
    I love it.

    Greetings from Serbia,
    Tara ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year! So many fun things that happened in 2011 for you two, and yes one very very sad thing. You will always miss your Sarah Lee. 2012 is going to be a big year, completing your masters! You rock girl, that's such an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, it was a great year! Happy New 2012 Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great recap...hoping for health, love and happiness for you two in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my.gosh. Your recap is the most adorable I have seen. Perfect, girl <3

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!