Sunday, December 30, 2012

Oh, December 25






This Christmas was the first year Adam and I got to spend together with one of our families since the year we got engaged. And only the 2nd time I've been to Wisconsin. Adam's family lives in a little farm house in the middle of nowhere.  It is lovely. And every time I've been there, it has been a winter wonderland, and this trip was no exception. There are few things prettier than undisturbed snow.

Adam's family has different traditions than mine. They open up all their gifts on Christmas eve, and then just do dinner on Christmas day. My family always opened up their gifts Christmas morning. So to me, it is odd to wake up Christmas morning, and have no gifts to unwrap, but hey it is a lot of fun to tear into all those gifts a day early. So I'll take it!

I think my favorite part of this Christmas was the hours spent playing Mario Party on the Wii with the family. Oh, all the smack talk and all the things Adam's grandma said during game play had us all rolling on the floor laughing. And how badly we all sucked at the snow mobile racing game was a riot.

So basically we had a perfect Christmas. Snow on the ground and time spent with family is basically all you can ask for.

1 comment:

  1. "...in the middle of nowhere..."
    :D :D :D :D
    Merry Christmas anad Happy New Year darling!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!