Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cassie's Graduation

Last Friday night, was a big night!  My beautiful niece Cassidy graduated from high school. Words can not express how proud I am of her or how much I love her.  I remember so vividly how excited I was when I found out I was going to be an Aunt. I was only 8 years old and I spent hours practicing holding a baby doll, so I would be able to hold her when she arrived! Adam was not quite so lucky, he has only known our nieces and nephew for four years. But he often comments how lucky he is to have them in his life, because he has no siblings, and would otherwise never gotten to be an uncle.

We left for Texas, last Thursday night after work. Meaning we didn't get on the road until 6 o'clock! But we were going to go no matter what! Sleep deprivation be darned. The ceremony Friday night was lovely and Cassie looked so gorgeous.  I got to see my sister-in-law and brother for the first time since my wedding. And although seeing my brother was heart wrenching, and I burst into tears immediately after he left because he didn't look healthy, and I never know when the next time I will see him will be, or if I will ever see him again (for reasons I don't want to share) I was happy to get to hug him.

Cassie had a nice party at her house the next day, and it was lovely to just sit around the pool, eat some good food, and enjoy some time to catch up with my family. It happens so rarely anymore.

My youngest niece, Kayla, graduates next year, and I just can't wait to see her in her cap and gown.

P.S.-How has it been almost ten years since I gradated high school? I mean WTF, mate.

1 comment:

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!