Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cotton Row Run + Summer Running




On Memorial Day, Adam and I did a patriotic run in downtown Huntsville, The Cotton Row Run! The Cotton Row Run is a Huntsville tradition and has been going on for many years. So I was happy to participate. Plus downtown Huntsville is simply beautiful.

The Alabama summer is in full force so it was pretty hot, but luckily it was an early morning run. There was a 10k, 5k, and mile fun run. We did the 5k. Before the race there were speeches, a cannon ball fire, and a band playing taps.

The cannon ball scared me to death! I so wasn't expecting it! But I got it together and we finished the race in about 45 minutes. Pretty much dead last, but I don't really care anymore, just glad to be out being active!

I am concerned about running this summer. So far this summer, I've been working so many hours, that I don't have time in the evenings to run, and I'm already getting up super early for summer day treatment. I don't mind taking a little summer break from running, but I'm worried that I will have to start over at square one in the fall. I was thinking about just running on the weekends, so I could at least keep up my stamina. I am constantly on my feet and running around all day at work now, so I'm not worried about not being active. Just not running consistently. Any joggers have any suggestions?

And believe me, I'm not lying when I say I have no time! I might literally have two hours between getting home from work and going to bed, if that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!