Sunday, January 26, 2014

Swan Creek Trail





In the past, Adam and mine's regular Saturday activity involved running whatever errands we needed to run, and then going to pig out at a favorite restaurant. Obviously, right now I can't really do any pigging out, and while I'm in the liquid phase, there isn't anything I can really have at a a restaurant. And who wants to go to a restaurant and watch someone else eat (although I do that on trivia nights!)

This is the first weekend I felt really ready to get out and do something. Adam and I decided to walk a local trail yesterday, we have been talking about walking for a few months. The trail, called Swan Creek Trail, is 2.6 miles round trip. This is longer than I've walked in a while, I've been tapping out at about 1.5 miles since surgery. So of course, I was uber nervous that I wouldn't be able to finish.

The trail is really beautiful. It winds around a local creek, and we even saw some gorgeous cardinals. Surprisingly, the trail ends at my old high school, I had no idea! Part of the trail is where my old photography teacher would send us out to take pictures. Now that part has been replaced by an archery field. I guess because of all the Hunger Games hoopla.

At first, I thought it was an outside rifle range. I was in JROTC when I was in high school (even color guard commander HOLLA),  and we had an indoor rifle range we would practice on. Adam always finds this astonishing that we kept guns in the school and fired them on a routine basis. Surly, this isn't just a Southern thing? I never thought anything about it. 

I was so glad to get out on the trail Saturday. I can't help but think about how much better it would be during the fall and spring. And I would love to have a picnic down there. Who knows, maybe exploring all the trails around here could be Adam and mine's new weekend activity?


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful walking trail! Love the water photos :) A picnic around there would be perfect in the Spring/Summer! You are looking great!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful trail! I can't wait until the temps are above freezing for me to go on walks.

    xoxo
    Taylor

    www.welcomehometaylor.com

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!