Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Currently:


Excited About: I'm sooo excited about some upcoming events & trips I have planned in the next couple of months.  I am heading off to a Scentsy convention, doing a few 5ks, going to Jackson for the famous St. Paddy's Day Parade, & most importantly, celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary!

Watching: Right now, I'm watching the Top Chef finale. I'm a long time fan of the show, but I always find it so funny that they base the show in one city (say New Orleans), and they have the finale elsewhere (like Hawaii)! Seems needlessly complicated. I also watched two lifetime movies this weekend, Flowers in the Attic & The Lizzie Borden movie. I was so into Flowers in the Attic, but I was disappointed by Lizzie Borden. I just found it dull, and I usually LOVE true crime stories.  

Listening To: Two of my favorite songs right now are Pompeii by Bastille & Woody Allen by Allo Darlin'. I also bought Passenger's CD, All the Little Lights.  Their songs are just so mellow and nice to listen to when I'm driving home from work.

Reading: I recently finished reading Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly, which was so riveting. I've got a lot of weight loss memoirs on my to read list. So now I am reading Stranger Here: How Weight Loss Surgery Transformed my Body & Messed with my Head by Jen Larsen. I'm also listening to the the audiobook of the memoir Call the Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, & Hard Times by Jennifer Worth (this is the book the PBS show is based on).

Working On: Ummm, I just conquered our cabinet where we store all our plastic bags (we had tons and tons, and it was mess) by folding them into triangles (it was from this tutorial). Adam thought I was nuts for doing this, but cleaning it up made me sooo happy. I'm also going to try to transform some medicine bottles this weekend via this tutorial

Loving: My new work-out app, Runtastic. My lovely Erin Condren Planner. The re-discovery of my love of refried beans (when you are on such a limited diet, it is the little things). My new Vera Bradley phone cover.

Recent Buys:  My new haircut and color was pretty pricey, so I haven't been spending hardly any money this week. But I did buy some Valentines to give to my kiddos at work, a spinning spice rack from Pampered Chef to clean up the pantry, and the movie Fiddler on the Roof.

Thankful For: Casual dress week at work due to the cold weather (yay, jeans). Adam's ability to make the perfect, singular scrambled egg. Getting into a nice, toasty warmed up car before driving anywhere. Hot showers. Long walks. And having lost a total of 41 pounds since my pre-opreative weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!