Saturday, March 22, 2014

Notes from the Week


This has been one stressful work week, y'all. I swear it was just like one crisis after another, putting out one fire, just to have another one ignite. But thanks to all that is good and holy, it is finally over. 

When I left work this afternoon (love half day Fridays), I came home and took something like a four hour nap, that is how drained I felt.  Then I woke up from my nap, completed my couch to 5k training for the day, and now I'm watching Frozen on demand (I just had to see what all the fuss is about, so far I love it). 

But I don't really want to get all hung up in all the low lights of this week and instead share a few of the highlights:

1. I bought tickets a few weeks ago for Jersey Boys for a steal, I love musicals but it wasn't really one I was excited about. Plus, it was on a Wednesday night, and I knew I'd get home late, and I really, really love my sleep. But Jersey Boys absolutely blew me away. So worth being tired the next day. It was funny, engaging, touching, and made everyone dance in their seats. I bought the soundtrack, and I've been playing it non-stop since. Who knew I could be such a fan of 60's music?

2. I broke out the playdough for a little play therapy at work. I don't break it out often because it can be kind of messy! My client built the cutest little snowman! I'm kind of a nazi about my playdough because something in my soul dies a little when the kids mix the colors, so there was no color mixing that day!

3. I've gotten into the habit of weekly manicures again, I forgot how relaxing painting my nails can be. I really wanted some bright colors as this winter has been too long and too cold. A little Essie, Knock Out Pout, did the trick!

4. I've been eating a lot of chili lately, it gets me the protein I'm supposed to have, and it is so tasty. Panera Bread seems to have my favorite chili right now, so I've been going out there to lunch pretty frequently. I love sitting in Panera, reading my kindle, having a few bites of chili, and taking the rest home for dinner.

5. Little bits of Spring are finally starting to peek through this week. Which is apt, since it is the first week of Spring. I love Spring! The flowers, the warm but not too warm weather, and all the things we get to celebrate during spring time (our Anniversary and both of our birthdays). I'm just worried we will have a cold snap and all the spring blooms will die.

6. I got my April Warmer and Scent of the Month package in the mail yesterday from scentsy, and I absolutely love the warmer this month. The cherry blossoms on the blue background are so beautiful and the scent, Sugared Blossoms, isn't too shabby either.  Reminds me of our honeymoon in D.C., which took place during the Cherry Blossom Festival.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Your photos are amazing, what software do you use? I looking to buy some.
    Beth x

    www.TheBritishGirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!