Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Weekend Report


I think this weekend was a type of recovery from last weekend, where I barely had any sleep, and also last week where apparently everyone's job in life was to make my job stressful. 

This week I took three naps and watched two movies (Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks-both flippin fantastic). I worked on my monster of a 1,000 piece puzzle, which I'm possibly only 1/4th of the way through. I made good progress on my book for book club. And on Saturday, I went shopping with Mom at the square in Downtown Athens.

I really love the square, even though it has the courthouse, which holds traumatic memories for me, as I failed both my written and driver's exams on the first go round. But it also has some of the best memories for me as well. The square used to have a used bookstore, The Green Door,  that my friends and I used to hang out in every Friday after school. We would drink tea, play card cards, and just have fun. 

Now I love the square because it has some of best boutiques around. We spent over an hour just browsing three of them: Pimentos, Trinitys, and Pablo's on Market. I bought this book on local history, that I can't wait to read. Afterwards, we went to a Chinese restaurant. I got the grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, cashews, and vegetables. I only had a few bites, but it was so good!

I am not feeling my usual sense of blahness that I usually have on Sunday night, because I only have to work 3 and 1/2 days, and then Adam and I are headed off to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Our anniversay is actually April 4th, but we wanted to rent the exact same cabin that Adam proposed to me in over 6 years ago (it was not available on our anniversary date). 

I need a little hot tubbing, hiking, tourist trap adventuring, and husband time in the smokey mountains. I just cannot wait.


2 comments:

  1. I failed my driver's test on the first try too. I was a nervous wreck! :-( Your weekend sounds really relaxing. I really want to see Saving Mr. Banks! Happy early anniversary! I cannot believe that it's already been 5 years! I remember when you were planning the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Sounds like a lovely anniversary trip! Have fun lovely :)

    Sophie X

    http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!