Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Weekend Report


Sometimes I feel like Adam and I are the only people in the universe that don't like to spring forward. We really love the night time, and I really love driving home in the dark. Plus daylight savings, especially "Spring Forward" is so discombobulating. I've been confused all day, and this day has just flown by. It's making me cranky tonight. 

But besides my crankiness, I did have a nice weekend. The weather has been beautiful! We have had the windows open all weekend, and the apartment feels so fresh. And a nap with the windows open is a glorious thing.

Last week, Adam got a nice bonus at work. We have been saving so hard for the last two years to have a nice down payment for a house this summer.  We have done a really good job, and any extra money we have ever gotten has gone straight into savings. But with the bonus, we decided we should splurge a little for once. 

So Saturday morning, we hopped in the car and drove to Nashville to hit, you guessed it, the Lego Store. Adam's own personal Mecca. As long as I've been with Adam, his dream has been to own one of those big Star Wars sets. The joy on his face when he finally got the Death Star was infectious. I was so happy for him. I have no clue how long that will take for him to build it, but I love seeing his dream come true, even if it's a small one. 

Nashville is an hour and a half away, which is a nice day trip. You would think that would be enough activity for the day, but no I had plans that night to go painting with my mother. I'm in full I want to paint all the time mode again. 

 I really loved how this painting "Cafe Love," turned out. I hope to hang it in the kitchen when we finally buy our dream home.

I hope everyone has a great week.

P.S.-This weekend I celebrated my two month weight loss surgiversary, I will be posting about that later this week.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely a lovely weekend; congrats to Adam! And congrats on your surgiversary :)

    Sophie x

    http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother in law just finished the Death Star with my two nephews (ages 3 and 5). It took him 21 hours total. They LOVE it though! lol

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!