Monday, November 17, 2014

10 Month Surgiversery


I am about a week and a half late when it comes to posting about my ten month surgiversery. It seems to me after Halloween that time just started flying, and I have so many things I want to blog about, yet it feels like I have no time to sit down and write it all out.

Instead of posting a new picture, I decided to repost my picture from the Viva La Diva 10k. Because after the race, I was looking at this picture, and for the first time I didn't even recognize myself. The girl in this picture looks healthy and dare I say skinny? I can't even believe it.

I wouldn't see this girl on the street and think she looks so unhealthy. I wouldn't look at this girl and think she must sit on the couch all day eating pints of ice cream. I would not see this girl working out/running and think, "I can't believe that fat girl is actually running." I look at this picture, and I see myself as "normal." Which is all I ever wanted to be. I never wanted to stand out in the crowd because of my weight.

To be clear, I'm not at the weight yet I need to be. I am at 203, and I'm hoping in a few weeks I will finally reach Onederland. I have about 45 pounds left to lose before I am in the upper range of what I should weigh for my height. But the truth is I feel so good and content where I am right now. And if I only lost a few more pounds, I would be pleased. My only goal is to be under 200 pounds for the rest of my life.

That feels doable.

So far weight loss surgery has been the best choice I have ever made. For once, I made my health a priority, and I think feeling healthy is the best part of this whole transformation process.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just so proud of you and love to see your progress! I feel like you could be the poster child for how to do gastric surgery the RIGHT way...thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!