Monday, November 10, 2014

Disney Princess Half-Marathon Training Week 6




Week 6, Run 1
Tuesday just was not my day. I couldn't get myself out of bed that morning, and I decided I would just run on my lunch break. And then when I went to change into my workout gear, I realized I had left my running shoes at home. And then when I got home and went to run, I realized I left my work out clothes at work. Like what the heck? I had no choice but to put my run off till Wednesday. I ended up having to do a treadmill run Wednesday night due to the rain. I set it on 4.5, and I ended up doing 2 miles at a 13:03 pace. It felt really hard, but I was able to finish it!

Week 6, Run 2
The challenge of running on Wednesday as opposed to Tuesday was I would have to run on Thursday as well.  I was concerned I would be too sore. But I got up Thursday morning, and I knocked it out. I did feel somewhat sore, but it didn't seem to bother me much. My 2 splits were 12:59 and 13:28. But I was most proud to be able to say I did my two weekday runs in the span of 12 hours!

Week 6, Run 3
I had 3 miles on the schedule for Saturday. It's funny, I don't worry over 3 miles now at all, it feels short and doable. I enjoyed running at night last week, so I went out for my run around the neighborhood about 9 p.m. I was so proud of my times for this run. My splits were 12:39 (a P.R), 12:43, and 13:04. That makes my average pace 12:56.

I am running a 10k next weekend for my 6 mile day. I'm so nervous/excited. I want to be able to run it all and get a good time!  My goal is to just finish it all running. My secret goal is to finish it in an hour and a half. It would be such a big accomplishment for me.

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!