Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Eve

Tonight Adam and I are at a hotel in Lafeyette, Indiana. It is the hotel we always stay at when we road trip to see his family up in Wisconsin. I'm pretty tired tonight after a day of work, hurried packing (that I could not find a minute to do earlier in the week), and 7 hours in the car (not that I drove, I dozed in an out, and I read the Andy Cohen Diaries).

I've thought a lot this week about how this time last year I said goodbye to my beautiful grandma. I feel like I miss her more now, than I did right when she passed away. But I am relieved to have a holiday free of tradegy this year. And I wanted to take a minute to list what I'm grateful for this year.

I have so much gratitude for good heath this year. This is the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life. I am happy that I am reaching my running goals, and that the Disney Princess Half-Marathon gives me a concrete goal and a reason to keep on training. And I'm grateful to be employed, because one bad day at a job is worth five good days unemployed. And I can not even begin to say how thankful I am that we are homeowners now.. For my nieces, planning to drive to Alabama in a few weeks for a pre-Christmas celebration with us. For bubblebaths, hot chocolate in my new Minnie Mouse mug, and all the new clothes I got at the thrift store. 

And of course, I am happy for my husband, my partner, and my road trip sidekick extraordinaire.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!