Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Month in Review: October 2014

Books I've Read:

1. The Animated Man: The Life of Walt Disney by Michael Barrier
I really enjoyed this read. I knew next to nothing about Walt Disney before picking up this book, other than the movies and Disneyland. I feel like this book gave a fair overview of Walt's life. It didn't make him seem like some perfect dreamer or just a sexiest/racist man. He really was neither of those things, just a normal person, that started a far reaching business that wasn't always that successful in his life time.

Movies I've Watched:

1. Gone Girl
My mother and I went to see this in theaters, I hadn't read the book, so I was shocked by all the twist and turns. I really enjoyed the movie, but I probably wouldn't see it again, as I know everything that would happen. My mom thought it was too long and too raunchy.

2. Chef
I wanted to see this in theaters so bad, but it never came out locally! I was excited when I saw this film on demand. I didn't really know what to expect from this movie, but I just love foodie movies. And while this movie had a lot to do with food, it was more about the relationship between him and his son. This movie was excellent! Loved every minute.

3. Obvious Child
I rented this from the redbox on a whim. The movie was somewhat entertaining, even though it turned out to be about a sensitive subject (abortion, I had no idea it was about that when I rented it).  The main problem I had with the movie was that the actress played stand-up comedian, but her stand-up routine was so gross. I really hate fart jokes, is that just me?

4. Despicable Me
I can't believe I have never taken the time to see this movie. But Jana and I were thinking about dressing as minions when we go to Universal on our big racecation, so I needed to do some research. Loved this movie so much, so funny and so cute!

Fun Things I did in October:



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!