Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Disneyworld 2015 Trip recap: Part 5

This is part two of our day in Hollywood Studios (Part One Here).





After lunch, we caught Muppet Vision 3D. It was a fun 3D show. They combined some real actors (like my personal favorites, the cranky old men in the balcony). It was cute, but not like the best attraction ever or anything. But I really do love The Muppets. The queue area is hilarious too, so that is a plus!





After Muppets, Jana and I left the boys to let them go do their own thing, and we took in some afternoon shows. Our first show was Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Jana's favorite movie is The Little Mermaid, so she was super stoked. The play was fun, it used a lot of puppetry. We liked it a lot. But when we saw Beauty and the Beast, we were blown away! It was simply beautiful and so well done.





We meet up with the boys after the shows for a snack break. So after taking some pictures on Sunset Boulevard (even finding Stitch for a magic shot), we headed into Sweet Spells for some treats. On one of my favorite podcasts, WDW Happy Place, they had talked about the joys of the carrot cake cookie from there. So I got the cookie.

It did not disappoint. I can't even describe it properly. It was gooey and creamy and carrot cakey in all the right ways. We ate a ton of great food in Disneyworld, but that darn carrot cake cookie was the best thing I ate all week. Maybe the best thing I ate in my entire life!




We had some time to kill before our fast passes for Tower of Terror, so we explored One Man's Dream. Which is a kind of museum of Walt Disney's Life. It was pretty interesting. It had Walt's school desk from childhood, a replica of his office, and models of the different parks. It really just made me want to visit the big Walt Disney Family Museum. 





I have wanted to ride Tower of Terror since I was a little girl, and I never got the chance in Disneyland. Austin was scared of heights and did not want to ride it, and Adam decided to stay with him. So that left Jana and me. I was terrified as we made our way through the line. I thought the ride would be a straight drop, but there is a story to it! Once the elevator went up, and the windows opened, and I saw how high up we were, I lost it! It faked dropped us several times before the final plunge. It was so scary! But scary in the best way. I totally loved it, and I'll be just as scared when I ride it the next time. 
 




We almost didn't make it to Fantasmic after our fast passes at Tower of Terror. We ran to get there in time! Fantasmic is a night time show with fire on the water, lights, fireworks, and even movie scenes projected on water curtains. It was fantastic! It was my favorite evening show of the whole trip. This is saying a lot because all the nightime entertainment at Disney is amazing. I could not believe how much I ended up loving this show. 






We finished our day with dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe. 50's Prime Time decor centers around a 1950's living room/kitchen and has TVs playing shows from, you guessed it, the 50's.  Adam and I shared the most tasty pot roast. The food here was great.

The stick at prime time is that your waitress is your "cousin". Your cousin will lecture you about being polite, keeping your elbows off the table, and finishing your vegetables. Our Cousin Meghan was wonderful. In fact, when Austin did not finish his vegetables, she "airplaned" it into his mouth. Hilarious.



We truly had an excellent first day in the parks.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!