Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Disneyland 2015 Trip Report: Part Three

After I got cleaned up from the 10k, I met up with my mother back at the hotel, and we grabbed lunch at Downtown Disney at the Earl of Sandwich. I had the Hawaiian BBQ sandwich, and it was seriously the best sandwich of my life.  

After lunch it was time to hit Disneyland! We traveled by monorail nearly everyday (except the days where there was a crazy HEATWAVE, and the monorail shutdown due to overheating). But on this day, without asking, we were offered the chance to sit in the front of the monorail. That is a total Disney bucket list experience for some people. We loved the views, and our lovely driver, Debra, gave us so much history on the monorail. 

I'm not going to share everything that happened on the trip going forward, instead I will only focus on new things. One of the new rides I rode that day was the Storybook Land Canal Boats. I've always wonder what was on the other side of that whale's mouth. And now I know! It is miniatures of scenes from Disney movies, pretty darn cute. 

I also got to ride the Matterhorn Bobsleds for the first time ever! I was super excited because on my previous trips, it had been closed. Earlier in the week, I got in line for the sleds, and they broke down. But I was successful this time round in the single rider line! I wouldn't say I loved the ride, it was jerkier than I would have liked (but not scary). I did love seeing Harold the Yeti on the inside though!

Some of the magic of Disney is you can turn the corner and see something awesome. This day we not only saw Mary Poppins and Burt strolling down the street, we also got to stop and listen to the Pearly Band!

After a few hours in the park, we spent a few hours in the pool. I really wanted to take it easy for the half-marathon in the morning. We had a dinner date that night downtown with my two best friends from California, Albert and Rianne. I met Albert in Grad School many moons ago, when I didn't know a soul, outside of Adam, in California. We became close friends, and soon we all became couple friends. Albert and Rianne were pregnant when we left California, and this was my first time that I got to meet their precious son, Roald. What a lovely evening we all had. 

Afterwards, we did a lot of shopping, maybe ate a churro, and we headed back to the room. It was an early night for me, as I had a half-marathon in the morning!

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!