Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Girl Time & Cinderella


I had the best weekend. My two best friends, Anna and Jana, live hours from me, so we only get together every couple of months. We love musicals, so when we are together we frequently are going to plays. And this time it was to see Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella in Nashville.

The girls got in Friday evening, and one of our old, college buddies, Lark (who just happened to be in town, joined us to hang out and watch the live-action Cinderella movie (are you sensing a weekend theme)?


My friend Jana just went through a hard break-up, so as a joke we bought her a voodoo doll! But when were going through the spells included with the doll, they only had good spells. Leave it me to find the one friendly voodoo doll on the internet.  They teased me so hard about that!


Saturday morning, we drove up to Nashville. We stopped over at the Cool Springs Galleria first for shopping and lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! What a wonderful meal! I had the refreshing, falafel salad and a white chocolate caramel macadamia nut cheesecake. So amazing.



We took a nap after shopping at our hotel before getting ready for the show. We enjoyed the show so much! It was beautiful, charming, and funny. It is NOT the Disney version, so it definitely had its differences, but the basics are there!


We sipped on "glass slipper" cocktails, and we bought "Glass Slipper" knee socks (because glass slippers are so in right now). 


After the show, we hit up Jack in the Box for some late night grub. I was so excited because we have no Jack in the Boxes in my hometown, but it was a big haunt of Adam and mine's when we lived in California. Like many of things I have tried again post weight-loss surgery, it wasn't as good as I remembered. But I think all fast food is like that for me now!

This weekend was totally wonderful and much needed girl time for me. I spend way too much time with the boys of the house. I just can't wait to see my girls again!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an amazing night! I love the glass slipper socks too. The play sounds awesome. It's been far too long since I went to a play.

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!