Thursday, October 8, 2015

Disneyland Half Marathon 2015 Race Report



I woke up the morning of the half-marathon, the morning of the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge,  pretty darn sore. I had been hitting the parks, and I had run a 10k the day before, and I was feeling it. It made me so nervous, I had never started a race so sore, and the challenge just meant so much to me. I didn't know what to expect. But I had the sweetest text messages and facebook statuses from my husband and friends, and it meant so much to me! Adam even got up early to follow my progress with the Disney racer tracking system. 

I decided to dress as Dumbo to represent the challenge. 



I started in corral D again, and the first mile  was definitely hard. But if there is anything I've learned about training runs or races, getting through that first mile is always the toughest. If I can get to that point, I'm usually OK. Plus, after the first mile, I was in the parks, which is a pretty awesome distraction. I didn't take many pictures in the parks, due to taking so many the day before.



Disney does such a good job with race entertainment. Most of the race is throughout the city of Anaheim, and they can not have characters and such out. But there were dancing troops, marching bands, cheer groups, and a 2 mile long stretch of classic cars.




I also really, really enjoyed the spectators and all the signs they had! I really loved the Disney themed ones. 



One of the highlights of the run was mile 9 when we ran through the Angels stadium. There were people in the stands cheering us on, and we could even see ourselves on the jumbotron!



The last 3 miles were definitely difficult. I just had to keep putting one foot in front of the other. But I finally made it to mile 13. I always love that finish line moment. Feels so amazing. I had officially completed the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge, and it felt great (I even got to do it in sight of the evil stepsisters). Adam called me right after the finish line to congratulate me. I loved "sharing" that with him.


I earned four medals that weekend (The 10k, the half-marathon, the coast to coast, and the Dumbo double dare challenge). My favorite was the Dumbo Double Dare award because that was my new accomplishment. Doing two races back to back is something I can cross off my racing bucket list!

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!