Thursday, December 5, 2013

Galaxy of Lights Fun Run








Every Christmas that I've been in Alabama that I can remember, involved a trip to The Botanical Gardens to see the festival of lights. I think it might just be my favorite Christmas tradition! It is just such a festive way to ring in the start of the holidays.

When I was younger, we always drove through the garden. Last year, we walked through the gardens, and this year we decided to do the Galaxy of Lights Run. Ok, we still walked it, and I took my sweet time so I could take bucketloads of pictures. But it was fun regardless.

The highlights of the night included watching a lovely couple get engaged (he had the gardens play the song I think I'm going to marry you by Bruno Mars, and then he proposed to her in Santa's chair). I just stumbled upon this by happenstance, I was just honestly on the hunt for Santa.  But I was so excited to see this because the couple looked so happy.

We took our own pictures with Santa, once he returned to his seat (I informed Santa, Adam only wanted legos for Christmas). They also had a tacky sweater contest, I wanted to burrow one of my mom's Christmas sweaters for the race, but I totally forgot (I'm sure she would have had one I considered, "tacky." They even had a caroling contest, if you were seen by the judges singing Christmas tunes you were entered into a drawing for prizes.

Adam was a real trooper because he did not feel well at all, I would have told him to stay home had I known. But I was happy he came anyway. I think he enjoyed it too, even if he couldn't stop sneezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!