Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Weekend Report






I have to say this weekend was darn near perfect. It started with getting up early on Saturday, hitting up the local Starbucks for peppermint mochas, and driving up to Nashville for the ICE! show and shopping at Opry Mills and Opry Land hotel with mother dearest (more about that to come later). But I will say, I bought some very much on sale Vera Bradley luggage and a cosmetic bag that I'm obsessed with. 

Adam says I have a luggage fetish.  He may be right, and God Bless Him because I can't tell you how many times he has been stuck carrying my luggage, which has been decorated with polka dots, zebra stripes, or red lips.

I came home from the day trip to a clean apartment thanks to Adam, who soon went to bed and left me up to watch several DVR'd episodes of The Carrie Diaries (my guilty pleasure). It is soooooooooo bad and oh soooooo good.

Today was Christmas with my side of the family, since we will be in Wisconsin with Adam's family for Christmas. I made up the most delicious cheese and sausage tortellini (recipe here), and I put out cheese & crackers and hummus for snacks.

We watched the Dallas Packers game, which was amazing. I would not have believed the Packers could have come back like that if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! Even better is next Sunday we will be at the Packer game!

We all exchanged gifts, even Carlee got a gift! I bought her a baked good from our local pup shop. We got a lot of wonderful gifts, some of my favorites being some new pairs of pajamas. I love pajamas! And I figure I will be spending a lot of time in them while I'm recovering from surgery in a few weeks.

I am so excited to start this work week and get it behind me, so we can start our Christmas vacation. I hope you guys have a good week this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!