Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's Finally Friday


This afternoon when I was driving home from work, George Jone's song It's Finally Friday came on the radio. This little, somewhat hokey song makes me so happy when I hear it, at least on a Friday. Although, I don't think I have ever heard it when it's not a Friday...but man wouldn't that be depressing to hear it on a Tuesday.

When I was doing my internship at Hope Place in Costa Mesa California, I would hear that song every Friday, while I was stuck in traffic headed back to Long Beach. It was always one of the best moments of the week. But I leave at such random times now on Friday, I don't always catch it. So hearing the song, seems like a good omen for the weekend.

Speaking of work and such matters, I happen to work near one of the most beautiful neighborhoods. I love that little neighborhood. They are filled with older and gorgeous homes that have the most beautiful lights. Plus, it has a roundabout for no discernible reason whatsoever, I love that. 

Now that it is dark so early (OK, it would be dark regardless with how late I've been working lately) the lights always catch my eye. So Thursday night I stopped to grab a photo, and hoped I wouldn't get caught and look like a total creeper.

One of my favorite things to do during the holidays when I was a kid, was to drive around and look at Christmas lights with my mom & grandma. I always liked to wonder about the people's lives in the houses. Like the house above for some reason, I would bet that this family is a sophisticated type of family. I can see them hosting Christmas parties with perfect wine and cheese pairings. They are probably homemade Christmas card kind of people with an extensive and enviable Christmas Village collection.

But who knows? they could be a totally dysfunctional family who just really like Christmas lights. Or a rich, childless widow who has 50 cats and hires a decoration service.

All I know is I can't wait to be a homeowner that can decorate my house so pretty that people will want to stop and take pictures too! But I don't think we will ever be Christmas Card type of people, some reason we always fail at being Christmas Card people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!