Monday, May 26, 2014

A Day in Lynchburg









This weekend was definitely fantastic! Having friends come visit was just what we needed to forgot about all the anxiety we are having due to waiting to hear about the house at the end of this week! I mean ugh, Friday seems so far away, like I can't even breathe.  Patience is a virtue, but it is for sure not mine.

For our first day of vacation, we took the whole gang up for a day in Lynchburg, Tennessee.  I have been up there a handful of times, and it is always fun to spend the day in that little town and to tour the Jack Daniel's Distillery.

We started our day trip by having lunch at Miss. Mary Bobo's Boarding house, which really is some of the best Southern cooking around. I didn't eat much of course, but I think my friends enjoyed it enough, that it made up for my lack of an appetite. Anna even bought their cookbooks!

After lunch, we headed over to the Distillery to do our tour, they were booked till later on in the afternoon, so we decided to do a little shopping at the town square in the meantime.  When we were walking out of the distillery, there was a man with a horse and a buggy offering carriage rides to town. We decided that sounded like fun, so we took a horse ride!

The horse was beautiful and named, Belle, and the guide was kind and funny. Our friend Anna even got to drive the carriage for a while.

The town square is absolutely charming! They have several little mom and pop shops, as well as their Jack Daniel's souvenir stores. My personal favorite is the Moon Pie General Store, full of novelty items and you guessed it, moon pies.

Soon it was time for our tour, I enjoyed the tour even though it was my 3rd time. I tend to forgot a lot of what I learned in between tours. But I will say the time and effort they put into their product is really impressive. It makes me appreciate Whiskey a whole heck of a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. So neat! That dessert looks amazing! We may have to tour the Jack Daniel's distillery as well. So glad that you find all these neat places! :)

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!