Thursday, May 1, 2014

Three Simple Goals for May


I really love setting and achieving goals, I don't even mind all that much when I fail at goals, because I still seem to learn something about myself in the process. I really loved the book, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I especially liked how she focused on one aspect of her life every month, instead of trying to do it all at once. 

I thought I would like to try a variation on this idea and try to accomplish a couple, small goals for the month of May. If this works, maybe I will try three more in the month of June.

So here are my goals for May:

1. Do a Daily Devotional Everyday for a Month
Adam and I aren't big church going people, sometimes I wish we did go more often, and maybe that is something we will start doing more in the future. But we really have strong faith, and I really enjoy my time praying and reading the Bible. I want to do more of this. So I plan to get up 15 minutes early in the morning, and I will do a devotional everyday in May. I think I'm going to try 30 words: A Devotional for the Rest of Us by Jarrid Wilson.

2. List Five Things to Be Grateful For Daily
I already stated that I want to start my day with a quiet moment of devotion, and I also want to end my day with the same type of quiet. So I plan to focus on all the things I'm grateful for. I tell my teenage clients they should be doing this all the time, and I really think it is an important part of being generally happy. 

3. Save 100 Dollars for Disney
I think this goal is pretty self explanatory. My trip to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon is going to cost of us a little money, and the more I can get put away before the trip, the better. By the way, I recently came across this article on one lady's experience at the Disney Princess Half Marathon. It really helped calm some of my fears, I so can do this. 

2 comments:

  1. Accomplishing many of those will make you feel so good. I use to read a devotion every day. Thanks for the reminder. Makes you feel better and you take it where ever you go. Wish I was going to Disney. At least I can remember things and can take pics.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/ramble-on.html

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/april-showers-bring-may-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on your blog! I love your list, especially listing things to be happy about every day. It's so important to focus on the positive, and it's something I sometimes have to remind myself to do too.

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!