Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!







I truly love Easter. It is such a happy holiday, full of celebrations, traditions, and fun activities. There is the buying of the new and fancy Easter dress. The gathering with loved ones. And no other holiday has better candy. No one, and I mean NO ONE, can deny the greatness of  Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs and Cadbury Eggs! They are the best. But most important of all, it is the biggest Christian celebration of the year, HE HAS RISEN.

By Friday, I was so bored from sitting home sick for two full weeks, that I decided to do some egg dyeing. Who cares if I'm nearly 30 and childless, it's a fun activity. I bought this golden egg decorating kit, and I like how they turned out. Link was very interested and involved in the dyeing of the Easter eggs. I love how he is always by my side (Link is not unhappy in these pictures, he is never unhappy, unless we put him in time-out).

Sunday, I woke up at 5:15 a.m. and put on my new Easter dress that I love, so colorful. My mother picked me up, and we headed off to my church's Sunrise Service for the women. We all brought Lilies and the pastor's wife gave a beautiful message about resurrecting aspects of our personal life, and the ways lilies relate to Jesus. Afterward, we had brunch and fellowship. And now I have a beautiful lily centerpiece for our kitchen table.

Later, I took a nap, watched Into the Woods for the 2nd time this weekend, and took a lovely bath complete with a good book and glass of wine.

It has been a lovely Holiday and Anniversary weekend.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!