Sunday, November 1, 2015

Disneyland 2015 Trip Report: Part Five


I was so excited about day 5 of our vacation, simply because I didn't have to get up and run, nor did I have to worry about "saving my feet." I could hit the parks to my hearts content. Plus, this was also the day I would be truly exploring California Adventure for the first time. I was so excited, I got there at rope drop!

California Adventure is simply a beautiful park. I read somewhere where someone described it as a park all about atmosphere, and I agree with that. When you walk in, it feels like you stepped back in time to old school Hollywood!





First on my DCA agenda was to really spend some time in Carsland. It was definitely the aspect of the trip I was most looking forward to. And I don't think pictures or me talking about it (or anyone talking about it) can really do it justice. You have to be there. The attention to detail is crazy good! It is so charming and immersive, I just loved spending time there. 



I was so pumped to hit up Radiator Springs Racers! I even jumped in the stand by line, when I could have easily gotten on the ride quicker by doing single rider. But I wanted to check out the fun queue! The inside of the ride was excellent, as they prepare your car for the "race." And then shooting out on the track was soo fun! I ended up riding it three times! I highly suggest doing it at night as well, as it is a totally different experience! 


After exploring Carsland, I went to meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Most people don't know this, but he was the predecessor to Mickey Mouse, but he was lost in some kind of business dealing, and he was just recently returned to Walt Disney! I met him a few days after his 88th birthday, so I got to wish him a Happy Belated Birthday. He was a pleasure to meet with.

I rode a few rides that morning (Soarin, The Grizzly River Run, and Ariel's Undersea Adventure), and I decided I would go and see the Frozen Sing Along. I really enjoyed it. Yes, I am a Frozen fan, though not a Frozen FIEND. It was a really cute show, and yes I sung along!! I loved when the confetti fell from the sky, and we got to belt out Let it Go!

That afternoon my mother and I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. It was a special tour, that gave the history of the park as well as Walt Disney's involvement! It was really enjoyable. We got front of the line access to some of the attractions (Small World, Alice in Wonderland, & The Railroad). We also got to tour the dream suite! We weren't allowed to take pictures (though plenty can be found online). But it was so amazing, every room had special effects, and the bathroom was a complete dream. Oh if only I could stay the night there, my life would be made. 





The tour bought us lunch at the Jolly Holiday Bakery & Cafe. Not only was it freakin' adorable (I love Mary Poppins), it was delicious. I had the freshest salad, followed by the perfectly sweet Matterhorn Macaroon. 


The last new thing I did on day 5 was to take in a showing of World of Color at D.C.A. It was wonderful. Of course, I love the water projections, but this show made me totally emotional. Though I am a big softie. But when they played the song, "Forever Young," it just got me!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!