I recently rang in 9 months since my surgery! I can't even believe it! I feel like overall things have been going so well. I mentioned a few months ago, I was struggling a little bit with hair thinning, but that seems like it has been resolving itself lately. I also had a minor health issue a few weeks ago, that wasn't necessarily related to my surgery, more related to all the unhealthy years I lived in this body before that. It is not something blog-worthy, but even though it was awful to go through, having gone through it spells out great things for my future. Sorry for the vagueness!
I thought for this particular surgiversery post, I would post 9 positive things happening in my life right now related to my weight loss:
1. I am no longer scared to go to the doctor and step on the scale. I used to avoid going to the Doctor because I was always terrified they would say something about my weight. But now I have no fear of the Doctor or the scale.
2. I have a collarbone, shoulder bones, and hip bones that I can feel! I never even knew those existed.
3. I am 15 lbs away from being under 200 pounds, A.K.A Onederland. The last time I remember being under 200 pounds, I was in 6th grade and weighed 180lbs.
4. When I used to tell people I was a runner, I would quantify it with, "but I'm so slow." I never thought people would believe such a fat girl would work out. Now I don't feel the need to quantify it. I can proudly say I am a runner.
5. People are always commenting on how pretty my eyes are nowadays. This never happened before. I think as I've lost weight in my face, my eyes have become more pronounced.
6. I have more energy overall. I can do more things before I feel fatigued, and I often wake up before my alarm goes off, ready to go. I can get up in the morning, go for a run, followed by a 10 hour work-day, and still find a little energy to do some chores after work.
7. With our upcoming trip to Disneyworld and Universal, I have no fears that I won't be able to fit on the rides. I know I can. I used to worry about that every time I went to a theme park. Many rides, I wouldn't even attempt, which was sad, because I love rides!
8. Although I hate constantly outgrowing clothes and having to buy new ones, it is fun to be a size 18/20 now, after so many years of being a size 26/28.
9. I feel like a more worthwhile person now. I know it sounds sad, but I didn't always feel worthy of love or respect because I was fat. I felt like a weak person with no self-control. I know my value had nothing to do with my weight. And I wished it didn't take me losing all this weight to really begin loving myself. But that is just the facts for me. A little self-love is better late than never.
Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!