Tuesday, December 9, 2014

11 Month Surgiversery


I cannot believe that in one month it will be a whole year since my surgery. Heck, I can't believe we are in the last month of 2014. I'm torn between begging time to slow down and just wanting to go, go, go! 

I think of all my monthly surgiversery posts, I am most excited for this one. I had so many wins this month, the two biggest ones taking place over the weekend.

After dancing around the number for weeks & weeks (I lose more inches than pounds lately), I stepped on the scale on Sunday morning, and I saw this glorious number:


I apologize for sharing a picture of my ugly, ugly feet with the peeling pedicure. But I am too excited about my weight to care. I'm am under 200 lbs!! I have officially entered ONE-DER-LAND. It is glorious. They last time I remember being under 200 lbs, I was 180 lbs and in the 6th grade. So age 11?  Age 12? Or however old you are in 6th grade.

The best  part is knowing I never have to weigh over 200 lbs ever again. 

I would have never believed weighing under 200 lbs was a possibility for me! I could have cried on that scale, and I almost did. Instead, I texted my mother and my best girlfriends, and I ran down the hall to tell Adam the news. Even if he was sleeping, I just couldn't wait, I had to wake him up.  The old me would have celebrated the weight loss by eating something sinfully, delicious since I had the wiggle room. But the new me went out to do my scheduled training run instead.


I had three miles on the schedule. It's funny because 3 miles used to seem so impossible. But now it's no big deal to me (especially since last week I successfully ran a 7 miler).  I started on my run, and I felt pretty good. I was stunned when my app announced I had done a mile in 11:32. That beat my best mile time by about a minute! That is a crazy improvement! I also managed to beat my previous 5k time by about 6 minutes.

When I was in Wisconsin at the gym last week, they had inspirational quotes painted on the walls. One said,"Motivation gets you started, habit keeps you going." That is exactly how I feel. Fitness and eating healthy is now just my habit, therefore my lifestyle.

And I'm head over heels in love with my new lifestyle.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!