Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Weekend Report

Friday, the day after Christmas, I'll be honest it was hard to drag my butt out of bed to go to work. I usually take that day off, but with our Disney trip on the horizon, sacrifices must be made. But I only had to work till 2, so it wasn't bad. After work, I headed over to the Bridge street shopping center to catch the movie, Into the Woods. I got to the movie an hour early, so I was shopping around a bit. They have a Christmas store, and I ended up buying this personalized decoration with all our family members names on stockings to symbolize the first Christmas in our new home. It is my new favorite decoration.

The movie was fantastic!!! I love musicals, I love Disney movies, and I love fairy tales. I especially loved that it included some creepy aspects of the orginal fairy tales (like how the evil stepsisters cut off parts of their feet to fit into the glass slipper).

When I came out of the movie, the Christmas decorations were just so beautiful, that I had to snap some photos. I'm going to miss those until next year!

Saturday morning, I had planned to do my 9.5 training run. But unfortunately, it was raining, raining, raining (I was not going to do my long run on the treadmill, over 2 hours on the treadmill is not for me). Adam and I headed into town for lunch at Mellow Mushroom. My half a slice of pizza was amazing! Then we ran some errands to Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, Target, and Sears to use our various gift cards we had been given over the Christmas season. I love making purchases and spending no money! We got a lot of practical items we needed like a new trash can and bath mats. So non-exciting, but we didn't have to spend our money!

When we got home, I took a nap, and then got ready to run. It had stopped raining, so I was hopeful I could finish it. I was having an excellent run (mostly sub 13 minute miles). And even though I was overwhelmed by the distance I had to go, my legs felt good, and I felt confident. About mile 3.5 it started to slowly sprinkle, and I thought, "oh no." But I was determined to finish, I can run in a little rain. But right when I hit mile 5, the deluge hit. It was way too cold out to run in that rain and wind (didn't want to catch a cold). So I had to call Adam to pick me up. It rained all night, and I woke up sore this morning, and I did not want to risk overdoing it. So I'm going to try again either Thursday or Saturday.

Once I dried out, Adam and I played a little Lego Marvel on the xbox, and then I watched some movies on Netflix, the original Annie and half of Breakfast at Tiffany's before I had to quit and go to bed, although I've seen that movie half a million times). 

Sunday was church, grocery shopping, and watching the Green Bay/Detroit game with Adam. A game we won! Which makes us the leaders of the NFC North, and we get a bye week in the playoffs! Not the same can be said about my fantasy team, as right now I'm battling for next to last place.

Now I'm off to put away my laundry, and maybe do a little reading in a bubble bath.

Happy work week all.



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!