Sunday, December 7, 2014

Tis the Season for Holiday Decor

One of the things we are most excited about with being new homeowners is decorating for the holidays. So we spent the majority of the weekend decorating for Christmas. We have big plans for Christmas this year. Our nieces, Cassie & Kayla, Kayla's fiance, and Cassie's best friend are coming in from Texas later on this week for an early Christmas celebration. This is so special because we haven't been able to do a family Christmas all together in 4 years. We just can't wait.


The first step in decorating was to put out some outdoor holiday lights. We bought some icicle multicolored lights, and we then wrapped some solid lights around the two columns. We found a real wreath, and we hung it above the garage. Adam did such a good job putting up the lights, I'm so proud of him. He was my own personal Clark Griswold. We couldn't do all we wanted to do this year because we were working on a budget. But next year we want to add more lights to the second story, as well as around the windows. However, I think it is a gorgeous start.




When we were in Wisconsin over Thanksgiving, Adam was able to bring home the Christmas village he had been collecting since he was a child. Don't they just look gorgeous on the fireplace? I absolutely love it. We have been talking a lot about expanding his collection.  Even with the lights on, they just look excellent sitting above the stockings for the kids. And yes we call my nieces and company the kids, even if they are young adults. 



We added several indoor touches, and this is just a sampling. We actually got the poinsettia place-mats from a friend as a going away gift when we left California, and I thought adding a real poinsettia would make a lovely table setting. I love to decorate the stove area for some reason, I'm a sucker for decorative salt and pepper shakers (love these polar bears ones). I also like how the garland on the stairs turned out, next year I want to add some lights on the stairs as well. 


Of course, Christmas is not Christmas without a tree. And this one sure is pretty!

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

1 comment:

  1. Your house looks beautiful! I LOVE the village. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!