Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Weekend Report





This weekend was the perfect holiday weekend! On Saturday, my mother and I headed up to Nashville, specifically the Grand Old Opry, to see the touring Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular show starring the Rockettes. Seeing the Rockettes perform is something I have always wanted to do. I remember turning a corner a few years ago when we were walking in NYC, when we spotted Radio City Music Hall. I was so excited!

The performance was awesome and stunningly beautiful. Yes, the high kicking was amazing (I can't even kick higher than my shins). But all the performances were great! My favorite was the 12 days of Christmas dance, the Toy Soldiers, and the Living Nativity. The living nativity was so touching, that it almost made me tear up. They even had two real camels on stage!

After the performance, we walked over the the mills, and we did a little Christmas shopping, as well as ate with the fishes at the Aquarium restaurant! It was a great mother/daughter day.

On Sunday, I went to church, where they were doing a Christmas gift giveaway for the kiddos, which was great! I love seeing joyful children. Then, I came home and watched the Green Bay Packers/Tampa Bay Buccaneers game with Adam, which we won. And now the Packers are officially in the playoffs! Can we please beat Detroit next week and get a first week bye?

I took a glorious two hour nap, read a little of my current book (In Cold Blood), and then went for a quick (though not easy) 3 mile run. I worked a little on my project life 2014 album, and now I'm just watching a little Sunday night football with Adam.

I'm so excited to get through the next two work days, so we can officially kick off the holidays. Plus, tomorrow it will officially be two months to my half-marathon and Disney world vacation. Holy Moly! Time is flying.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!