Thursday, May 14, 2015

Five Things


I made this hummingbird cake with homemade cream cheese frosting via this Southern Living Magazine recipe for our last book club. It was sooo, sooo good. Probably the best cake I ever made. Everyone went back for seconds, and that never happens. So proud of how this one turned out. It was the crown jewel of my baking career.


These two are so funny. Link has only met his Aunt Carlee three times, and each time he does not understand why she doesn't want to play with him, but he just keeps on trying. He used to be scared of her, but he has been emboldened by his time in doggie daycare, and Saturday, he just kept barking in her face, like he was saying, "Hey! Play with me!" We finally gave them bones, and they settled down, and ignored each other for the rest of the afternoon. 


I bought my mother and I tickets to see Garth Brooks in Birmingham in June, and I'm so freaking excited!  I have always, always loved Garth Brooks, even since I was a little girl. I have fond memories of "The Thunder Rolls," and "Friends in Low Places." I just can't wait. We also got a room at the Sheraton for the night of the concert, and it will be a nice mini getaway.


I've really been trying to cook more weight loss surgery friendly recipes, and I made this recipe for taco casserole from bariatric foodie over the weekend. I can't believe how good it is, I ate it all week long! Color me surprise about how good Greek yogurt is as a substitute for sour cream.


I'm still super in love with Pure Barre, I've already been twice and I'm going tomorrow morning. It is such a hard work out for me, I guess that is why love it. When I complete a set, I feel strong, and powerful. And I just can't wait to get better and stronger. I want to learn to plank!  I learned at my last appointment with my surgeon/nutritionist that I had lost a lot of muscle strength in my stomach, and my nutritionist wanted me to work on my core strength. I think this will do the trick.



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!