Monday, May 4, 2015

Month in Review: April 2015


Books I've Read

1. The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
This was the book club book of the month per my suggestion. The book is about an elderly woman telling the story of her turn of the century life (in Boston) to her granddaughter.  It spans something like 90 years! It is a simple story, but such an enjoyable read. Funny at times, touching at others, just an all around good read. 

2. Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller 
Donald Miller is one of my favorite authors. I count his book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, as my second favorite book of all time. He has such a simple and elegant way of stating things that I am thinking, in a way I could never put into my own words. Painted Deserts is about a road trip he takes with a friend. And while it was no where near as good as A Million Miles, it had some really beautiful moments. And it kept me hooked to the end. 

3. The Disneyland Story by Sam Gennawey
I was so excited to read this book. I am heading out to Disneyland for a mother daughter trip in September, and I'm so psyched! This book is a comprehensive history of Disneyland, and it reads nothing like a text book. It is so  good. And I thought I knew a ton about the history of Disneyland already, but I was wrong. It rose my admiration for Walt Disney and Disneyland by a million! I'm sure I going to be obnoxious, spewing out random tidbits about her park throughout the whole vacation. 

Movies I've Watched:


1. The Duchess
I found this on netflix and decided it was time to watch it, as I remember vaguely wanting to see it a few years ago. I had listened to a podcast history on The Duchess recently, and I was eager to see it in movie form. I don't think it was highly accurate, but  it was still an excellent movie. And I really felt the hardship she had to endure during her lifetime spilled out onto the screen. 


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!