Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Weekend Report


We had a fairly quiet but wonderful weekend here at the Marten Family Manor.  I kicked off the weekend on Friday afternoon, by spending it at my happy place, The Lazy River at Point Mallard. The water was a little chillier than I would have liked, but those hot, hot, hot summer temperatures are right around the corner, and I just can't wait. 

That evening I went to see Tomorrowland, and while George Clooney and Disney can typically do no wrong in my book, I have some mixed feelings about that movie.

Saturday was grocery shopping, and lots of cuddles and games of fetch with our Stinky, Sneaky Linky, who owns our hearts.I made some yummy Turkey and Sweet Potato chilli in the slow cooker. We spent the evening getting started on a new huge Lego project, while we watched episodes of West Wing, Gilmore Girls, and Community. I turned in a little early, because I planned to get up at a decent time in the morning.

Sunday morning, I headed to my 9 o'clock date with Pure Barre. What a work-out that was!  My muscles were certainly shaking (which is a good thing)! And then I headed to the Indian Creek Greenway for a run. I had planned to go 6.2, but I made the mistake of taking out my phone at about mile 5.4, and I was so tired, that staring at how far I had to go totally psyched me out! But I'm still OK with 5.5, it's nothing to shake a stick at. I followed up my intense work-outs, with a treat at Dunkin Donut (A Chip Ahoy Crunch Doughnut to be exact!). I live for my long run treat, and I live for donuts! So it's a win, win.

Sunday afternoon was taking a nap, watching Bomb Girls (a new series I found on netflix), putting away laundry, and breaking out my Erin Condren planner to figure out the week ahead.

I feel refreshed and ready to take on the work week. Have a great week everyone.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!