Monday, February 10, 2014

Around the House

Just a Few Projects Going on Around the House this Week:



Since I started running, I've been saving all my running bibs, medals, and various knick knacks you get from races. I've just been piling them in the drawer of my night stand, not wanting to part with them, but I wanted to organize them in a better way. So I hit google and found gone for a run, and I bought a bibfolio. It was a little pricey and a splurge for me, but I love it! It such a nice way to display them, and I love the stat inserts to keep up with details from each race. This really encourages me to keep on doing these runs, so I can put more in my book.


To give credit where credit is due, putting my nail polish in the vase was not my idea. It was a pinterest idea! But the pin doesn't have a proper link, so there's that. When I saw it, I loved the idea. So I got a discount glass container from hobby lobby and grouped all of my Essie nail polishes together, and this is the result. It took me awhile to decide if I liked it or not, but I finally decided I really do love it. It is like a nail polish "sculpture."


I found this tutorial for transforming medicine bottles and using them for other things. The tutorial used scrapbook paper and modge podge, which is a perfectly easy way to do it. But I was feeling particularly lazy that day, and I thought why not try it with decorative duct tape! It was so quick and so easy! I may paint the tops later on. I am using them to carry headphones in my purse & laundry quarters. I use the bigger bottles to store my kindle and iphone chargers, so the cords are not just all over the place!


This is a not a particularly exciting and creative project (except to me). But I had boxes and boxes of scentsy supplies sitting in my closet, and I hated all the cardboard boxes and disorganization. So I got these cute bins (and mini bins not pictured) to oragnize it all. I was able to put my room sprays and scent circles in one container and my extra scents in another. I even have a place for my promotional materials! I love walking into my pristine closet now. 

Nothing makes me happier than a clean, clean, clean closet. How lame is that?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!! Organization. Love all of the ideas! :) There is nothing better than having an organized house, but somehow, at least in this household, everything seems to get unorganized. (Mostly because of me). LOL. I think I'm going to have to try the nail polish organizer! What a great idea :)

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!