Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Weekend Report


I am sad to report that another weekend is coming to an end, and the work week is about to begin. I do love my job most days, but I get a little sad on Sunday nights just knowing all those endless possibilities and  time for naps is about to cease (for the record I had two of the best naps this weekend). 

After a nice Valentine's day, I woke up on Saturday morning wanting to get out and do something. I finally decided to head down to Spirited Art to get my solo paint on.  It has been a while since I painted, and I swear painting is just like therapy to me. Especially this painting because it was just random brush strokes, so I could just go to town.  It is supposed to be a take on Monet's Printemps, a very loose interpretation! So instead of calling it a Monet let's call it a Brittnae (Get it, art humor, I told Adam that joke, he was unamused). 

There are many stages of the painting process for me. The first stage is absolute fear & terror, worrying I'm going to screw everything up. So I try and decide if I can just pass off the white canvas as my masterpiece. The second phase occurs after I have begun, when I decide I have most definitely screwed up, and I hate everything I'm doing. The third phase is comparing my painting to everyone else's and wishing mine looked like theirs. The fourth  phase is when it all comes together, and I actually start to love my painting, and I decide I am the next big thing! Move over Monet!

This morning I decided I wanted to try one of the many recipes I have been looking at on my ever expanding rockin' the gastric sleeve pinterest board. I decided to make some mini turkey meatloaves via this recipe. It was so good, I'm going to take the leftovers (all 11 of them) for lunches this week.

This evening I went on a lovely walk, and when I hit my goal, two miles, I just decided to keep going! I kept going until I completed 3.1 miles (a 5k!). I haven't done that since October. I was so proud of myself and I felt so strong, even if I'm still slower than a turtle walking in peanut butter as they say. This is good because I'm restarting the couch to 5k  training this Wednesday. This is to prepare myself for the Cotton Row 5k in May. My goal is to finally run the whole darn thing!

And in the best news of the weekend,  I stepped on the scale to discover I weighed what I did when I got married nearly five years ago! This made me so happy. It also means I'm inching ever closer to 50 pounds gone.

3 comments:

  1. Naps times are the best, aren't they? Now a days, I wished I would have taken all those naps when I was little. The meatballs sound amazing! I think I might just make them too! Which couch to 5k program are you following? I found several of them, and I'm interested. So proud of you! You are doing great!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing the original C25k, you can find it here http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
      I am doing it for distance this time, instead of time, because I'm a slow runner, so if I do it by time, I am never ready to do the 5k when the program is over, I can only do 1.5. I'm hoping doing this one will do the trick.

      Delete
  2. Hi Brittany,

    Thanks for visiting my blog :) I just read your 'About Me' section and found it so interesting and down to earth. I think it's incredible what you're going through. Although I'm very lucky and have never struggled with my weight... my entire family all have weight issues and I feel like I've gone through everything with them, in particular my Mum. Keep going lovely :) If you don't mind, I'm going to follow you on GFC & bloglovin, to catch the show!

    Sophie x

    http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!