Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Weekend Report


This weekend I had planned to head up to Lexington, Kentucky, for the Scentsy Convention. Unfortunately, they had some bad winter weather that I didn't want to drive in, and I ended up not going after all. I was a little disappointed of course, but I was OK with having a quiet weekend at home, since Adam is coming home soon. I just can't wait for him to be home. I love my alone time, but now I'm ready to get back into our normal routine again (i.e-I really hate dishes and taking out the trash-which are usually his jobs). I also want him back because of, you know, the love.

I was so mad that I was already all packed up though. I hate packing and unpacking, so all that work was for nothing. What a shame, I always love having a reason to take out the Vera Bradley.

So instead of touring the Bluegrass state, I spent the weekend shopping, watching the movie Lovelace on demand, and trying out solid foods. I was so excited when I went to the store Friday night to get some new foods I'm allowed to have! I can eat Tuna! Tuna! It is something new, and I rather like Tuna! So much so that I must capitalize Tuna! I may have gone a little Tuna! overboard. I was so excited, I lined them up all pretty in the cart to snap a picture!

Saturday, I went shopping down at Bridgestreet with mother dearest.  I even had her snap my picture while we were there to finally document my weight loss surgery month-i-versary. Can I just say it is always painful to have my mom snap my picture, no matter what camera I'm using? This one was taken with my iphone, the same MAKE AND MODEL that she has. I can't tell you how long it took for her to figure it out. We are lucky this picture is not of me getting annoyed. She has captured plenty of those through the years. I should do a montage sometime. I will call it the "The Many Stages of Death by Parental Annoyance." It will involve lots of eye rolling.

Once we were done shopping, we stopped off at Red Robin. This was my first time eating at a restaurant since before surgery. I simply ordered a grilled chicken burger, without the bun or toppings, and a side of steamed broccoli.  I probably only had 1.5 ounces of chicken and two bites of broccoli before I was full. I took the rest home for leftovers. I am so happy it didn't make me ill! 

I also wanted to share a picture of the Valentine's Day masks I made with my pre-schoolers/kindergarden ADHD group at work this week! Even though, this does not count as a "weekend activity." I was just super proud of myself for finding such a crafty activity, that the children loved (except for the one who went rouge and made a necklace). 

Right here, right now, I will declare my gratitude for pinterest and printers, which are always my lifeline when I'm stumped on group ideas. What did people do pre-interent? I shiver at the thought.

4 comments:

  1. Love the new blog layout and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,

    You look INCREDIBLE! :) LOVE the lipstick! I so want to wear lipstick, but always felt like it made my lips look huge. Maybe I should try it again for a more grown up look? And I am so jealous of being able to go shopping and hanging out with your mom - it's those things I miss being so far away from family.

    <3 Ash

    P.S. Those masks are super cute, I bet they had a great time making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny you mentioned the lipstick! I was in Sephora before we took this picture and I tried on the lipstick, without realizing how bright it was. I thought I looked like a clown, but it turned out fine :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'm sorry the Scentsy trip didn't work out - I know there are some girls on my team that couldn't make it because of weather, too :(

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!