Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Month in Review: June 2015

Books I've Read:
 
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
This was a beautiful, fiction story about a blind French girl and a German boy who eventually meet up in occupied France during World War II. This was a book that I couldn't put down. The characters are just so interesting, and some parts of the book are utterly heartbreaking. I spent the whole book wondering how their stories would eventually collide. 

2. The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
This was the 3rd book in the Cousins' War Series (I previously read The Red Queen & The White Queen). This one focused on the mother of Elizabeth Woodville (The White Queen). This book was good, but did not captivate me as much as the first two. But I did love the peek into the life of Margaret of Anjou. 

3. After Perfect by Christina Mcdowell
I needed a break from historical fiction, so I went back to my first love, non-fiction. After Perfect is a memoir of a girl who's father got involved with wall street fraud and went to jail (he worked with The so-called Wolf of Wall Street). This tale is how she dealt with life and the struggles she had after the facade of her perfect childhood and perfect father were shattered. I for the most part enjoyed this book, at times I found it a little slow, but I still wanted to read to see how Christina's life was going to turn around.

Movies I've Watched:

1. Jurassic World
See Review Here
2. Inside Out
See Review Here

Shows I'm Watching:

1. Big Brother Season 17
My favorite summer show is back! I have to watch every episode a day later since we don't have cable (so I'm working hard to avoid spoilers). So far I like the season, but I have no bets on what's going to happen yet. But I'm glad Battle of the Block is back, I love that twist.

2. Orange is the New Black Season 3
I was so glad OITNB was back! And while the season had it's great moments, I found it a bit of a snooze. Piper's story line was totally put on the back burner and she became some weird version of herself. She was just plain goofy, I missed the self-centered but smart Piper. I love Red.

But if you did see the season, this image will make you giggle.


 

Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!