Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Just Call Me Pretty, Pretty Princess


I have to give a big old shout out to my wonderful husband today. Because I've been planning, dreaming, training, SAVING, and talking non-stop about my plan/dream to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon for months now. Of course, sign up day fell on a work day, when I was herding the children around the community pool with zero internet access. I couldn't even wait a few hours and then sign up, because these events sell out crazy fast!  So I had to relinquish the sign ups to Adam.

I wouldn't say I'm a total control freak, although I can be on occasion. It has more to do with my anxiety than my need to be in charge. I can calm the anxiety better if I know when we are doing something, why we are doing something, and most importantly, exactly how we are going to do something.  

Last night, I painstakingly wrote a note with all the information Adam could possible need to know for registration (or so I hoped). And this morning, I anxiously watched the clock waiting for 11 o'clock. By 11:05 a.m., I had confirmation that both Adam and I were registered for the race.  He totally rocked the sign ups! He even bought me a special commemorative pin as a surprise.

And yes, Adam decided to do the race with me, so he could support me and cheer me along (even if it is a PRINCESS race). Because he rocks like that. I may even be able to convince him to dress as the Beast to my Belle. Stay tuned.

So now that I'm over the "getting signed up for the race" anxiety, I can que my, "Oh My Gosh I have to run a half-marathon" anxiety!



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!