Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Painting the Guest Room

Guest Room Before

It has been a little over a week since we closed on our house, and we have been keeping ourselves busy! We have gone over there nightly taking odds and ends, getting furniture deliveries (a new washer & bedroom suite oh la la), and just working on getting out of this apartment as soon as possible. I am loving the feeling I get every time I walk into our home. It just feels right.

One of the first items on our home to do list was/is to paint the upstairs bedrooms. Neither Adam and I have ever painted before. I was not that nervous, as I always go by the mantra, "People more stupid than me have done this before." But Adam was so freaked out! He called his mom for advice a million times, and he spent many nights stressing about it. He even told me the most scary part of moving and buying the home for him was having to paint!

My biggest concern was choosing the paint color. 

We got up bright and early Saturday morning to get painting, and I got to to do the inaugural paint roll! Honestly, it was not near as hard as we thought it would be. Of course, we made a few mistakes. We didn't wear booties on our shoes. I tripped over the can of paint, spilling a 4th of it (thank goodness for the drop cloth), and we even got a drop or two on the carpet (we got it out). But when it was done, I was pleased with of our hard work.

Adam was not so sure. It took him 24 hours and seeing it completely dry for him to appreciate it. Yesterday, he called and left me a voice mail, saying the room still looks awesome. That made me smile, as he is so critical of his work.

Guest Room After

We took the guest room from a bright, shiny blue to a matte, darker blue. I really love how it turned out, and every time I'm at the house, I have to stand in the room a minute and admire it. It is the first home improvement project we have done together, which is why I am so proud.

I can't wait to get this guest room all put together, so we can start hosting our friends and family!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new color! I am awful at painting & Trav and I both are awful at paint colors. We think it looks awesome usually at first, even test it out in some of the room, and then we paint it to find out that it's not the actual color we were going for. So excited for you guys! :) Can't wait to see the finished product!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha, "People more stupid than me have done this before" -- I love it. I'll have to use that in the future. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!