Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throwback Thrusday: September 2010

Now that I have amassed nearly four years of content on this little blog of mine, I thought it would be fun to do a little throwback and take a second look at the past.  I have to give all the credit to Steph from The Loudmouth Lifestyle for this idea!



Back when I was still living in California, my mom would occasionally fly me home to visit with her or to see my friends. Now that I'm living back in Alabama and only miles from her, she no longer funds my vacations. Which is somewhat depressing! Being a grown up is hard....and expensive. But back in September 2010, she bought me a plane ticket when one of my best friends from college, Monique, married her best friend, Clark, in Atlanta. I was so happy to celebrate her and it was the most beautiful wedding (This also happens to be my first blog post)!


In September 2010, the now common wedding photo booth phenomenon was just coming in to vogue. This was my first time seeing a wedding with a dress up section. We took some of my favorite pictures I have ever taken with these girls at Monique's wedding. I have always been obsessed with my little old lady look in the first picture. 


I did a little post on how much we wanted to go back to Washington D.C., which is where we went for our Honey Moon (First Anniversary Trip) in April 2010. I still remember that trip so fondly. Paddle Boating on the Tidal Basin! The Walking Lincoln Assassination Tour! The Smithsonian! What a wonderful city.


I still love a good board game night. And I took these pictures on one of our epic Monopoly nights. Monopoly just happens to be my favorite game ever! By the way, if you can secure the red properties as a Monopoly, you are just about guaranteed to win. Always works for me.


This post is epic, only because this is the first post where I talked about our beloved Green Bay Packers. Plus, it has Sarah, our old Golden Retriever, sharing her Packer Pride. This is also the year we won the Superbowl. I would like to think blogging about the Packers that year is what gave us the good juju for the ultimate win!


That month we celebrated our Four Year Dateiversary (I love to celebrate everything)! This is the first picture we ever took together. I love it because we look so young, so naive, and so had no clue about what we were getting into.

But isn't that what being young and in love is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!