Wednesday, July 23, 2014

We Bought a House


It is kind of a crazy, whirlwind when I think back about the last 3 months of house hunting, and all the steps it took to get to the moment, pictured above, holding our SOLD sign at our home Monday night. Yes, we officially closed on our house Monday. Signed, sealed, delivered, it is now ours, all ours.

And when I say whirlwind, I mean a whirlwind of emotions. The first of which was fear. I remember how nervous we were when we first walked into our new realtor's office, having no clue what we even needed to do to begin looking for a house.

Then there was the excitement of finding what we thought was our dream home, putting in a bid, and  having it fall through a month later, which was devastating. Not knowing there was something even more perfect for us just around the corner!

With this house, everything fell into place. We got the right price, in the right neighborhood, in the right city. The whole process was smooth from start to finish, with very little nail biting along the way. 

Adam and I have dreamed about owning a home together for the last 6 years that we have been living together. It's weird to have wanted something for so long and to now finally have it. I just can't wait to see what new memories we make there.

I am definitely feeling a lot of gratitude tonight. Gratitude for our lovely realtor and mortgage broker, who made this experience such a fantastic one. Gratitude for my husband and how he managed the budget the last couple of years, allowing us to have the down payment we needed. And a lot of gratitude to the big man upstairs for helping us find the perfect house at the perfect time!

Now it is time for packing and boxes and one of my least favorite tasks ever MOVING! But at least this time, we are moving without the expectation of having to move again. When we were in California, we knew we would be moving to Alabama. Once we got to Alabama, we knew we would be buying a house eventually. 

I'm tired of temporary living, and I am ready for something that feels more secure and permanent. Can't wait to put down our roots.



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, I had a lot of blog posts to catch up on! LOL. I squealed for excitement for you when I read this post! So happy for you both. I can't wait to see pictures of the house!! Congrats!

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!