Tuesday, September 9, 2014

8 Month Surgiversary


I'm bringing you this post a day late because I totally forgot about my surgiversary this month! I swear I was looking at the calendar yesterday thinking isn't there something special about the 8th? And then it finally dawned on me that it was my surgiversary! I plan on doing these posts until my 1 year, as long as I can remember to do them!

This month has been a very good one for me, and I have nothing but positive things to share. I am down about 167 pounds, and I am 27 pounds away from entering ONEDERLAND (weighing under 200 lbs). Which is one of my next weight loss goals, as well as weighing less than my husband for the first time ever. I have dropped my body fat percentage by 25 points, placing me in the obese category, rather than the morbidly obese category. It really is the little things you know? I'm really rocking my new label.

I'm so happy with where I am with my fitness level right now. I'm running consistently 3 days a week, and I love it so much! Sometimes I get cranky if I miss it, so I rarely miss it. When I first started running I couldn't do much better than a 20 minute mile, and now my personal record is 13:18. I still want to get faster and little by little I will. I start my official half marathon training on September 30th, and I can't wait.

I wanted to touch on something that has come up pretty frequently during this journey I am on. People often say to me, "I bet your husband is so happy with how you look now!" And I understand why they would say that, I think it is something I would say to someone else. I don't find that offensive at all. 

Adam is definitely complimentary toward how I look now. But he does not often say much about how much better I look now, or is he over the top with his compliments. I really like that about him. He has always loved me for exactly who I am. He does not seem more attracted to me now that I'm 227,  than he was when I was 389. If he complimented me like crazy, I would be wondering, "Wow, was I that ugly back then? Why was he with me?" So I have to give kudos to my husband for always making me feel worthy of his love.

I can't wait to see what the next month holds!


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!