Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Huntsville Trolley Tour






Saturday, I finally got to do an activity on my Local To Do List for a long time, The Huntsville Trolley Tour. I planned on doing it last Summer and never got around to it. I even put it on my Summer To Do List for this year, but the summer just flew by! Luckily, I finally got around to doing it last weekend.

First of all, just let me say I love a trolley. They are so cute! They always grab my attention. I love everything about them, from the detailing on the seats to the old city feel of them. So if an activity allows me to ride around in a trolly for a little while, I'm so game. 

The Huntsville Trolley Tour is put on by a local museum, and it runs every Saturday from June-September. Which if you are paying attention, means I put this activity off till the last possible weekend (I have a knack for that). I invited my mom along because I knew she would be more into this activity than Adam.

When we got to where we were supposed to meet up with the trolley, they gave us a blueberry muffin and coffee (I had a bite or two of the muffin, it was delicious!). Our tour guide was dressed in historical clothes, and she was knowledgeable & wonderful. 

The trolley took us all around town, telling us all about the local Huntsville characters, such as Talluah Bankhead and Clement Caliborne Clay. But I think my most favorite part of the tour was looking at all those BEAUTIFUL, historic homes. I just wanted to go inside them. 

I'm so glad I finally got to do this. Nothing is better than learning a little bit about the history of the place you love calling home.


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!