Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Alice and The Garden of Wonders









Going to Alice and The Garden of Wonders at the Botanical Gardens was one of the items listed on my Summer of 2014 bucket list. I really procrastinated on getting to the gardens this summer though. Not only did I wait till basically the last weekend of summer, I waited till the very last weekend they were putting on the event! 

The botanical Gardens really is one of my favorite places to go in Huntsville. Not only is it beautiful, but they always do such fun events like the Scarecrow Trail, the Galaxy of Lights, and Movies in the Park. And because I love All things Disney, I was super excited to see how they would pull off their Alice in Wonderland summer theme. I think they did a great job!

My absolute favorite part was the door maze. They had local artists come and paint a door based off the theme. The doors were covered in all sorts of imagery and quotes from the book/movie. Didn't Lewis Carrol's  write some of the most quotable literature ever? I think so.

I also went crazy for the larger than life queen's crochet set and the hand made sand sculpture. Apparently, the gardens had an event a few months ago, where you could come a watch the sand sculpture being made. I hate that I missed that!

I'm really glad that I didn't skip out on this event, I think I would have been disappointed if I hadn't made it (although I would not really have known what I missed out on, HA).


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!