Monday, August 3, 2015

London, Paris, Oh My!


Adam and I have been working very hard lately, and we have had a lot of blessings. Although I'm reluctant to call them "blessings," because while I have a strong belief that God blesses people, I also believe he blesses people who work hard for them.

With these blessings, we have been able to take care of a lot of bills/debts lately. We paid off our car! We paid off an old loan we had taken out years ago, and we also took care of some personal debts we owed to both our mothers. And that feels freakin' good. 

But we had some money left over, and being that it has been three years since we've been over seas.  I've started getting that itch to go somewhere new. Which for me means Paris. The Eifell tower! The Seine River! Notre Dame Cathedral! And most of all I want to visit Versailles, I am obsessed with Marie Antionette.

But to be honest, Adam could care less about France.  He wanted to go to England, however I went to England when I was 18 years old (my first international trip in fact). And while I LOVED it, I wanted to cross a new place off the bucket list. 

But then I got to thinking, there was a lot in London I wanted to do but didn't get to.  I never toured the Tower of London, did the Jack the Ripper tour, or saw Hampton Court Palace. So why couldn't we do both?

We decided to spend a few days in England, and then we will take the high speed train over to Paris. 

The first thing I do whenever I decide I'm going on a trip, either domestic or international, is buy guidebooks. Yes, the Internet is awesome for planning trips, and I use it a lot. But there's nothing like having those old-fashioned books in your hand.  So Adam and I hit up the bookstore, after we booked out hotels and flights. 

The trip will be in May, over my 30th birthday. I just don't know how I'm going to survive the wait the next 10 months, when I'm this excited, and it's all I can think about! 


Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!