Friday, January 22, 2016

WDW Roomie Trip 2016 Recap: Part Four












I was so excited for our second day in the Parks because it was my first chance to tour Animal Kingdom! We started the day with a character breakfast at Tusker House. It had a nice brunch spread, and it was so fun hanging out with Mickey, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy in their safari gear! Daisy was seriously the sweetest, and just for a fun I had them sign my marathon race bib as a keepsake.

Once we finished up breakfast, we were on our way to Expedition Everest, when we spotted Russell & Dug. It was such a fantastic meet n' greet! Dug kept sniffing me, and he licked my autograph book! When I asked where Kevin was, Russell motioned that he flew away for the winter.

We headed over to Expedition Everest, but it was temporarily down (boo)! So instead we rode Primeval Whirl (Fun) and Dinosaur twice (Reminded me somewhat of Indiana Jones in Disneyland, loved it).

After spending a while in Dinosaur land, Expedition Everest was up and running again. I can't believe how fun that ride is, it may be the best thrill ride in Disney world! The way it goes forwards and backwards and the incorporation of the Yeti is truly awesome. It was so fun, we rode it twice!  

Next, we hung out with Pocahontas for a bit. And apparently Pocahontas wears UGG boots when it is cold in the winter (LOL). I had to laugh, because Pocahontas informed us that it must be a very long canoe ride from Alabama. Too funny. My favorite thing about characters is their refusal to break character. No matter what.

We did the It's Tough to Be a Bug show and rode Kilimanjaro Safaris. We saw Hippos, Lions, Giraffes, and Zebras! Oh my. 

I really loved Animal Kingdom, such a charming park. There is still so much left to do there.


Jana was leaving to go home late that afternoon, so we headed back to the resort to get her on the Magical Express to the airport.  I waited with her until the bus came, and we posed for our traditional, "Our Disney trip is over" sad selfie.


After she left, I spent the evening packing, so I would be ready for my last day in the parks and my departure home the next day. I ate the famous Pop Century Tye Dye Cheesecake from the hotel food court, and I went to bed super early.

I was excited for Epcot the next day!



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!