Monday, January 18, 2016

WDW Roomie Trip 2016 Recap: Part Three








(I so hate that my bag is in this picture. Otherwise, it would be perfect)


Can I say how excited I was to wake up Monday morning, having the marathon behind me, and be hitting the Magic Kingdom with the bestie? WAY too excited. Magic Kingdom is definitely my favorite park! But if you think I slept well following running the marathon and having been awake since 2:30 a.m., you would be mistaken. I guess I was HIGH on life because I woke up frequently, I even did some online shopping about 4 a.m. (yay, Amazon Prime).
  
The excitement of going to my happy place once the alarm went off, powered me through the day. And I was less sore than I anticipated. So that is a plus.

Jana and I were excited to see Magic Kingdom still had SOME of its Christmas decorations out (I posed for a picture with this Nutcracker for the sole purpose of sending it to my niece, who is terrified of nutcrackers HA). And of course, seeing the castle is never anything less than breathtaking for hardcore Disney park fans.

We started our day with breakfast at Be Our Guest (the open face bacon sandwich was to die for, we talked about that all day long).  We knocked out a bunch of rides early, with hardly any wait times (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Mad Tea Party, Little Mermaid, Pirates, Space Mountain, and Peter Pan's Flight). I did the Carosel of Progress & Barn Stormer for the first time, and we got to do the Christmas version of the Jungle Cruise.  We also did all our favorite rides in the afternoon (Haunted Mansion x 2 and Big Thunder Mountain). 

The highlights of this trip were catching the Festival of Fantasy Parade, meeting Rapunzel, eating a Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream sandwich, riding the railroad, and seeing Wishes as it is intended to be seen (right in front of the castle).

But believe it or not, one of the best moments of the day happened on the bus ride back to the resort. After a 12 hour day in the Magic Kingdom, crammed on a bus full of people (who were all overly tired), Bohemian Rhapsody came on the radio. And as if on que, after the line, "and if I'm not back again this time tomorrow," everyone burst into song. And we all sang along and laughed and laughed and laughed.

I don't know maybe you had to be there, but it was kind of magical.



Click here to follow this blog on bloglovin and keep up with all my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check notify to be emailed when I reply to your comment!